Wolf Howl

Wolf Howl

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

DID YOU KNOW?




The scientific possibility of parallel universes first arrived with Hugh Everett’s “Relative State Formulation” in 1957. Not long after, Bryce Seligman DeWitt renamed Everett’s theory, introducing it to the rest of the world as the term “Many-worlds Interpretation.”

One day in 2008 in Spain, Lerina Garcia woke up in a world — our world — that did not belong to her … or so she claimed.
According to the story, as her day progressed she continued to notice “small incongruities,” little things that were just off … as her bed sheets were a different color. But there were big things, too:

“So I went to work in my car, which was parked where I’d always parked, and it was the same office I’d worked in for the last 20 years. But when I got to my department, it wasn’t my department. It has names on the door and mine wasn’t on it. I thought I was on the wrong floor, but no, it was my own floor. I went over to the office’s wireless section and looked myself up. I still worked there, but in another department, reporting to a superior I didn’t even know.”

In 2000 on the Venezuela campus of the University of the Andes, a well-known faculty member left one of the university’s buildings, crossed a parking lot to his parked car, and entered it.  Many saw him as he walked to his car, some even called out to him and waved.
The professor opened his car door, climbed in, sat down, and closed the door. The car sat there unmoving. Eventually, a few curious students went to the car and found it empty.  The professor had been a victim of a multi-verse shift.

In 1954, a strange man arrived in Tokyo with a passport from a country that didn’t exist, called Taured. Japanese customs officials detained the man, but his passport was not a fake: it had the proper stamps, was issued by the country of Taured, and even included Japanese stamps from a previous visit. The man swore that Taured was a European country that had existed for 1,000 years, and he also held other papers, such as bank statements, with the country’s name on them.

After several hours, customs officials eventually placed the man in a hotel, with security nearby to ensure that he did not leave his room, while they checked things out.
The next morning, he was gone. No trace. A manhunt ensued, but there was no point; he had simply vanished.

6 comments:

  1. I wonder -- did anyone ever find out what happened? And what happened to these people. If no logical explanation was found, looks like we have to accept that mysteries occur and, perhaps most of all: We are really not in charge here, at least not to the extent we believe.

    I find it very difficult to read this. The colors of the letters sort of melt into the background gray color. And did you decide to skip followers all together?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always intrigued by stories like these and sometimes want them to be true (like the man from Taured) or not (like the professor who sadly just vanished).

    I must agree with Inger above about the colors--the layout is fine, but the darkish font on darkish background is a bit of a challenge for my ever weak eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blog, Roland.

    The above scenarios are truly eerie. They're as believable, though, as they are unbelievable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inger:
    Blogger would not let me do my old Followers square. And they insist on me switching to Google+ profile over my Blogger Dreamer profile. They also will not let me use my Yahoo email account as the primary email address. Darn them!

    I will make the print thicker and darker in following posts! Thanks for visiting!

    Yes, the world is stranger than we give it credit for! Those people were never found.

    Helena:
    I will try and darker my letter fonts. And yes, the world is quite bizarre if you look too closely. Ask Fox Mulder!!

    Robyn:
    Yes, the eerie is waiting for us right around ordinary corners. Best to bring that pepper spray to that convention!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great site, Roland. I agree the font just needs tweaking.

    These stories freak me out, I must say. :) So intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Teresa:
    How was your day in school? Tolerable I hope. Is my font tweaked well enough? Yes, these stories are eerie. Wait until you hear about Los Angeles in 1942!

    ReplyDelete